Sr. Principal Salesforce Developer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking experienced Salesforce Developersto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative will modernize over 90 legacy systems over the period of 10 years and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers. The journey to the cloud is a key consideration for modernization of the Consular Affair's applications. We will initially develop selected business and technical capabilities on Salesforce CRM platform and evaluate its feasibility. This will include evaluating effectiveness of the public facing online applications built on Salesforce platform, support unique digital workflows for internal consular staff, and data integrations using API-led connectivity to legacy systems.
Are you an experienced Salesforce developer who is looking to applying your skills and develop applications on the platform to solve unique requirements in support of Consular Affair services (e.g. Passport, Visa and American Citizen Services). If so, we want you to join our team and contribute your expertise. You will be working in a supportive and fast-paced environment to apply your skills and take a lead role in building the presence of Salesforce ecosystem throughout the journey of modernization. Bring your passion in the field of Salesforce development and enjoy numerous opportunities to increase your professional knowledge, acquire prestigious certifications and unique advancement opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use your technical proficiency with the Salesforce platform to design and develop business functionalities using inbuilt CRM/CX technologies and functionalities
- Map Salesforce capabilities, features and best practices against business and technical requirements by performing fit-gap analysis against Salesforce cloud, service, community, available tools available within AppExchange and force.com platform
- Perform app development, prototyping, testing and demonstrating capabilities to users.
- Work with systems architect and support team members to address security and compliance (e.g. section 508, FISMA) requirements related to the setup of Salesforce platform sandbox and development environments
- Work on design and development of interfaces APIs and integrations from Salesforce to external systems
- Mentor other developers in Salesforce administration, development and best practices
Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and ten (10) years' experience
- At least 5 years direct experience in software development lifecycle
- At least 3 years of experience in development of enterprise-level Salesforce projects throughout implementation lifecycles with demonstrable success
- Proficiency in writing Visualforce, Apex classes,/controllers, triggers, SOQL and SOSL
- Proficiency in related tools (Data Loader, Workbench, Force.com IDE, and integrations of third party tools with Salesforce
- Experience with system integrations using API from within the Salesforce platform and implementing web services: JSON, XML
- Experience building applications using Salesforce Lightning
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I or equivalent experience
- Must be eligible for a Secret clearance and obtain at least an interim clearance before starting with the program
- Active Secret Clearance
- Certified Force.com Advanced Developer (DEV 501)
- Experience developing/deploying applications written in open languages on Heroku and integration with Salesforce platform
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top