Sr. Principal RF/ Radar Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a Sr Principal RF/ Radar Systems Engineerto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Linthicum/ Baltimore, MD.
What You'll get to Do:
As the lead developer of radars, COMMS, and SIGINT for some of the most advanced systems in the U.S. arsenal, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a world leader in advanced sensor systems and design. These include radars for the F-22, Joint Strike Fighter, F-16, B-1B, AWACS, MESA, G/ATOR and UAV systems such as Global Hawk.
Qualified candidates will have opportunities to incorporate advanced techniques such as machine learning, adaptive signal processing, image processing and understanding, multiple hypothesis tracking, distributed resource management, graph-based methods, data fusion, and statistical analysis of system performance.
Roles & Responsibilities: RF/Radar Systems Engineers work with a team to perform advanced system and algorithm development usingestablished systems engineering approaches. Based on detailed trade studies and requirements analysis, our engineers develop modern solutions to satisfy current system requirements as well as future challenges and perform functions involved in all aspects of design which can include:
- Investigating new algorithms to advance the state of the art in signal processing and sensor design
- Developing detailed simulations of algorithms and systems for design verification or to enable operational software development
- Designing sensor modes which satisfy requirements and maximize sensor performance
- Collecting and analyzing data from laboratory or flight tests
- Formally verifying solution meets requirements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering ora similar technical discipline with 9 years of related experience (seejob description) or 7+ years with a Master's Degree, 4 years with a PhD.
- Professional hands on experience in radar/COMMS/SIGINT signal processing, and systems engineering
- Current/Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Master's Degree including electives in radar signal processing.
- Current/Active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
Back to top