Sr. Principal Quality Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Sr. Principal Quality Engineerto work in ourIuka, MSlocation.
Role description and Responsibilities:
- Lead Quality Engineer is responsible for coordination and execution of Program Direct Quality activities and scope
- Lead the development of First Article Inspection plans and oversee their successful completion including design models interrogation
- Lead the development of inspection plans which incorporate inspection best practices and techniques
- Manage data collection, analysis and trending to assure quality cost control
- Work closely with the customer to communicate MRB issues and come up with solutions that work for the business
- Authoring documentation to instruct operations on successful execution of quality requirements
- Writing and managing non-conformances and corrective actions
- Active contributor to design change control reviews and implementation
- Identify and support sub-tier supplier FAI activities when required
- Statistical Quality Control (SQC) aptitude and understanding of Key Characteristic analysis
- Execute projects that focus on reductions to Cost of Poor Quality through innovation and process improvements using LEAN strategies
- Support internal audits, process observations and area assessments
- Support production operations via help chain and troubleshooting in collaboration with IPT
- Investigate options for automation and reporting to increase quality data efficiency
- Training team members on quality application features and functions including engineers, technicians, program quality operators, leaders and customer support team members
- Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements
- BSin Engineering or equivalent STEM field and 9 years of experience
- Direct Aerospace manufacturing and systems
- Composite processing experience
- Experience in Quality Assurance and processing MRB
- Understanding of AS9100 requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top