Sr Principal Propulsion Development Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr Principal Propulsion Development Engineer to work in Redondo Beach, California.
Responsibilities include developing system architecture and performing system analysis, leading design and analysis of combustion devices, developing requirements, creating and managing supplier procurement specifications and statements of work.
The successful candidate must have experience working with diverse technical teams, and experience with the design, analysis and test of liquid propulsion components. Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential.
- Leading a key work package of the propulsion system design and development,
- Interfacing with program customer and suppliers,
- Overseeing hot fire testing campaigns and use of modern design tools
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR PhD degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 4 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience in rocket propulsion design, development and testing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or an SCI Clearance
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or Active SCI Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Strong analytical skills in combustion, aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, and thermo-mechanical design with ability to scope or bound combustion and fluid mechanics problems
- Experience overseeing manufacturing operations
- Experience with thrusters for spacecraft and missile propulsion including hot-fire test campaigns
- Experience leading hardware procurement/supply chain operations.
- Experience as a team lead
- Experience as a focal point interface with team members including internal and external customers
- Competency in MATLAB/Simulink, ROCETS, TDK, SINDA/FLUINT and/or similar analysis tools for rocket propulsion or fluid-thermal applications
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top