Sr Principal Project Mgmt
The Project Manager will work within the Global Defensive Systems (GDS) Operating Unit (OU) of the Aircraft Survivability Business Unit (BU). The Project Manager will report to a Senior Program Manager and support the Program Manager in a variety of Project Management functions.
Primary responsibilities for the Project Manager will include but are not limited to assisting the Program Manager with:
- Managing the integration of IRCM equipment and onto aircraft platforms.
- Ensuring compliance to export policies within the program
- Development of customer relationships and cultivation of customer intimacy
- Proposal development / Capture planning and strategy
- Statement of Work (SOW) creation
- Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions
- Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, IWO, T&M, etc.)
- Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
- Preparation of metrics and internal progress reports for management (IPRS, Dashboard, BUR, etc.)
- Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Development and adherence to budget baselines using Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies and tools
- Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
- Various other tasks and objectives as in support of the Program Management team
1. Bachelor's Degree with10 or more years' experience supporting Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Government contracts.
2. Master's Degree with8 or more years' experience supporting Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Government contracts.
3. Demonstrated success in managing projects to cost, schedule and technical performance requirements.
4. Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
5. Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal.
6. Ability to travel domestically and internationally
7. U.S citizen and ability to obtain US Government Secret clearance.
1. Prior experience developing or supporting Electro-Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) products and technologies
2. Program or Project Management experience in Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Operations or Supply Chain Management
3. Prior experience with integration of systems onto military and commercial derivative aircraft.
4. Prior experience with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) projects
5. Prior experience with ITAR and S-ICP processes
5. Prior experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) and MS Project
6. Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top