Sr. Principal Project Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Project Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will oversee Support Equipment engineering development activities in an office environment supporting the E-2D Hawkeye program.
- Responsible for coordinating the technical, schedule, and cost baseline for engineering activities within the Support Equipment organization.
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between Project Management, Engineering, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Business Management, Quality, Program Office, Suppliers, IWOs, and Customer.
- Review status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with engineering, project managers, and Customer.
- Provide technical management and oversight to Suppliers or Interdivisional Work Orders (IWO).
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) responsible for coordinating with cost and schedule management teams to maintain Earned Value Management System (EVMS) work packages and program schedules.
- Effectively communicate program metrics to both internal and external Customer leadership communities with regard to technical milestone achievement, cost, schedule, and risk management.
- Ensure that all technical, cost, and performance deliverables are completed according to contractual requirements.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse tasks, and a collaborative/team setting across all levels of employees and management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of engineering, logistics or project engineer experience OR 7 year of engineering, logistics or project engineer experience with Master's Degree Science, Technology, Engineering or Math from an accredited university
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Windows Office Products, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Knowledge of Support Equipment or other Logistic technical disciplines
- Experience in Earned Value Management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top