Sr Principal /Principal Mission Operations Development Engineer 3/4 (Satellite/Space Systems) - Top Secret
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Principal Mission Operations Development Planner to assist an experienced team engineers responsible for conducting mission and program specific real time spacecraft and satellite flight operations during readiness, execution and evaluation phases.
Responsibilities may include:
• Developing detailed plans and procedures to provide maximum mission support in areas such as orbit dynamics, satellite performance analysis, command and control of on-orbit satellites.
• Providing technical direction for on-orbit mission support, plans for critical vehicle malfunctions and recommends alternate operating techniques to continue maximum mission support.
• Conducts failure analysis of the performance of the orbiting satellites via telemetry data.
• Providing support to the I&T team for ground segment hardware and software development.
• Act as Scrum master for software sprints; evaluate new software builds for operational utility and acceptability.
• Lead or support new hardware and software deliveries to internal and external customers.
This position may be filled and a level 3 or 4 engineer based on the skills, education and experience of the candidate.
Level 3 Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience.
Level 4 Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience.
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret level clearance and the ability to obtain SCI level access.
• Planning & execution of real-time spacecraft commissioning activities for commercial, NASA and/or DoD space missions.
• Hands on experience commanding satellites and/or developing real-time executable mission plans.
• Understanding of space system components and spacecraft subsystems.
• Familiarity with Mission Operations Center architectures and interfaces.
• Familiarity with Agile software development.
• Possess Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Familiarity with MAESTRO command and control system
• Familiarity with RAPTOR suite of operational tools
• Understanding of spacecraft I&T development activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top