Sr. Principal Payloads Lead Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSr. Principal Payload Subcontract Management Team (SMT) Lead Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals on a development program at the Autonomous Systems Center of Excellence in San Diego, CA. As a Senior Principal PayloadsSMT Lead Engineer you will be the developing advanced technical ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
- Serve as the Lead of the SMT to oversee supplier technical performance.
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge of Stores Management Systems (SMS)/ Suspension and Release Equipment (S&RE)-related hardware and software requirements.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for MIL-STD-1760 and Universal Armament Interface (UAI) Payload Systems.
- Act as an advisor to management and customers on advanced technical applications.
- Perform as a focal point for analyzing data from laboratory and flight tests, and support formally verifying solution meets requirements.
- Perform MIL-STD-1760 and UAI Payload subsystem analysis and system performance trade studies.
- Conduct tasks related to development of new subsystems and support system level test and integration.
- Understand, derive and maintain applicable system and subsystem requirements.
- Author and release technical documents.
- Provide training to junior engineers.
- Average travel for this position is 25%.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 Years of STEM related experiencewith Bachelor's Degree; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD and/or equivalent combination of the above education and years of technical knowledge and experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with in-scope SSBI and the ability to gain special program access.
- Experience in the field of MIL-STD-1760 and Universal Armament Interface (UAI) Payload Systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of MIL-STD-1760 and UAI Payload Systems technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across program level (management, engineers, and technical leads), and negotiate / integrate different viewpoints.
- Ability to work without appreciable direction.
- Ability to write in-depth technical reports and present to executive leadership.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top