Sr. Principal Payload Technical Lead Systems Engineer (Clearance Required)
- San Dimas, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector, Military & Civil Space Systems Division in Azusa CA, is seeking a qualified candidate with strong technical background and prior space systems experience. The Sr. Principal Payload Technical Lead Systems Engineer (Level 4) will be responsible for operational analysis, system problem/anomaly resolution, data trending, operational product sustainment and performance analyses. The individual will be part of technical team that provides program expertise on subsystems engineering and maintains a baseline of operational products for a complex system. The individual will have an active role in shaping the basis of how to execute satellite planning and operations. The candidate should be a self-starter who has a passion for space and wants to be part of a team who shares that passion. A qualified candidate will have the ability to interface with the customer, monitor and maintain the status of operational payloads and to drive technical issues to resolution. Proven ability to lead technical teams and oversee complex troubleshooting plans is necessary.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting on-orbit operations
- Investigating and diagnosing unexpected system signatures and providing resolution
- Perform as technical lead in providing solution alternatives for Trade Studies
- Providing mission planning expertise to maintain spacecraft/payload and ground system health
- Developing and enhancing operational procedures, scripts, tools and processes
- Communicate analysis results to internal and external customers through reports and presentation materials
- Supporting the coordination and execution of system maintenance tasks across multiple contractor organizations including customer and external system partners
- Providing 24x7 on-call support to lead the resolution of system issues and anomalies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field & 9 years of related technical engineering experience, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 7 years of related technical engineering experience
- Current & active DoD secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with: MATLAB and/or Python, Excel
- Prior Space Operations support
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes and methods
• Master's Degree in a STEM Field
• 10+ years of related technical engineering experience
• Current TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top