Sr. Principal Payload System Engineer - Secret Clearance (Schriever AFB, CO)
- Colorado Springs, CO
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Payload System Engineer (PLSE) familiar with Protected Satellite Communication mission requirements to support the Protected Satcom Orbital Operations Program for mission operations at Schriever AFB, CO.
The selected candidate will work with the existing team of Remote Technical Advisors to support operational needs of the constellation of Milstar and Advanced EHF (AEHF) payloads, the worldwide communication network they form and the interfacing ground and spacecraft that make up the full communication system. The SAFB payload RTAs, along with the NG factory, form an integrated team providing quick and effective responses to Payload-related O&M issues, minimizing communication system down-time. The SAFB RTAs perform the front line analysis of on-orbit issues, coordinating issues with the factory for additional analysis and investigation support. In addition, the RTAs perform various routine planning, operations and maintenance tasks.
The PLSE is primarily responsible for:
- on-site technical support for AEHF/Milstar Payload and communication network operations related issues
- actively participating in the technical direction, analysis and coordination for spacecraft, payload, and ground system in Protected Satcom flight operations
- serving as point of contact for factory payload experts requesting data and information
- developing anomaly resolution procedures
- acting as test conductor during special payload specific activities
- supporting anomaly identification and resolution from initial anomaly response, through root-cause investigations and corrective actions for any anomalies associated with the payload
Relocation assistance may be available.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology/, Engineering, Math) with nine (9) or more years of related experience with satellite payload systems
- OR Masters Degree in a STEM discipline with seven (7) or more years of related experience with satellite payload systems
- OR PhD in a STEM discipline with four (4) or more years of related experience with satellite payload systems
- Currently hold and are able to maintain a minimum active DoD Secret security clearance
- Minimum of 5+ years payload operations experience that includes familiarity with communication satellite payload systems
- Demonstrated leadership and project management capabilities, as well as proven communication skills
- Active DoD Top Secret with SSBI OR SCI Access security clearance
Back to top