Sr. Principal Network Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Networking Engineer to join our team of highly skilled and motivated engineers at Northrop Grumman's Autonomous Design Center of Excellence located in San Diego, California.
You'll be joining the Electronics & Payloads (E&P) organization. The E&P organization delivers innovative and effective mission subsystem and control solutions for our system operators' current and emerging missions, by utilizing industry leading processes and tools. E&P is responsible for many mission critical subsystems such as RF Communications, IP Networks, Radar, SIGINT, Electronic Warfare, EO/IR, Full Motion Video, Ground Moving Target Indicator, Weapons, Mission Management Computers, and Ground Control Systems.
An ideal candidate will work as a strong individual contributor with aspirations to lead a technical team. They will be exposed to opportunities to make decisions that affect the team directly as well as working with the Network Team Lead to improve team processes and overall operational efficiency.
- Provide technical expertise and platform leadership in areas of Cisco WAN, LAN (Data Center), VoIP, VPN, ASA and FirePower technologies to early career Network Engineers as well as management. This also includes leading technical discussions about current and future network design.
- Responsible for building, integrating, and testing network configurations and or implementing and configuring network hardware in complex IT systems.
- Create Build and Upgrade documentation instructing lab or field Engineers/Technicians how to configure and implement network devices within new or current systems.
- Act as a technical resource and provide tier 2 support in response to network issues and various support tasks.
- Assist Network Team Lead managing day to day tasking and priorities to ensure appropriate network support is identified and executed to the SOW.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of Engineering experience or 7 years with a Master's Degree or 4 years with PhD in a STEM related field.
- All applicants must have a current active in-scope DoD Top Secret Security Clearance or higher.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar IT degrees from an accredited university.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineers should possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent level of Cisco Certification (e.g CCNP Datacenter or CCDP)
- Working knowledge of datacenter design and management
- Working knowledge of virtualization (e.g. VMware)
- Working knowledge of network development life cycle process
- Working knowledge of network routing & switching systems (e.g. switches, routers)
- Working knowledge of network defense systems (e.g. firewall, IDS, IPS)
- Working knowledge of network information & event management systems (e.g. ISE, Splunk, Solarwinds, Nagios)
- Working knowledge of network simulations and load testing (e.g. CML, GNS3, T-bird, iPerf, Ixia)
- Working knowledge of software defined network (e.g. Cisco ACI)
- Experienced with computer operating systems (e.g. Windows, Solaris, Linux)
- Experienced with programming/scripting languages (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, Ansible)
- Working knowledge on cybersecurity (e.g. security standards, STIGs, RMF, ACAS scan)
- Security+ Certificate
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top