Sr. Principal Network Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Network Engineer based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
What You'll Get To Do:
You will perform installation and configuration of network products: switches, routers and firewalls. Installation activities include: initial setup following standard configuration guidelines, cabling, labeling, documentation and checkout. Ongoing tasks include: connection additions, moves and changes, monitoring, plus problem resolution.
S pecific Duties Include:
Provide assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing systems
Implements a communication system requirements to support distributed functionality of a software engineering environment
Analyze network characteristics
Troubleshoots network and system problems
Must be able and willing to be on-call for some minimal after hours calls.
- 13 years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to rack and stack hardware with consideration for airflow, power, ground and weight
- Experience in developing networks from design through implementation
- Experience with network test gear to resolve technical issues at all layers of OSI model
- Current Top Secret clearance or Current SCI access with the ability to obtain SCI access prior to start date
- Ability to obtain SAP Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security+ Certification
- Experience configuring routers for EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast Protocols
- Experience configuring firewalls
- VMWare installation and operations
- Serial data communication
- Information Assurance experience related to Certification and Accreditation
- System Admin knowledge for Linux or Windows is beneficial
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- 9/80 Schedule
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top