Sr. Principal Network Communications Specialist
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Senior NetworkSpecialist to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals to become part of the Vanguard Program at Department of State. The qualified applicant will work with a team of network professionals supporting the Department of State's Enterprise Network Management Operations Center (ENMOC) support unit.
This position will be located in Beltsville, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports this program's 24x7x365 Enterprise Network Management Operations Center supporting, monitoring, and maintaining the Department of State's globally connected network
- P rovides Tier 2 & 3 incident/problem management for LAN/WAN devices by identifying the source of problems and resolving configuration issues or anomalies related to those problems
- Uses established network monitoring and reporting tools to diagnose, troubleshoot, and document network performance issues based on utilization, packet loss, and latency
- Collaborates with vendors & engineers to implement and support modernization efforts and solve complex issues
- Performs quality control assessments to identify and resolve configuration and security issues
- Uses configuration management tools and command line interface to performs change requests on Cisco routers and switches and other vendor equipment as necessary
To be considered for this position, the qualified candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years of diversified LAN/WAN experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Must have experience in Cisco Network and Security Technologies to include understanding routing and switching protocols and configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches
- Must understand LAN/WAN architectures to include virtual and cloud environments
- Must have working experience with SNMP, Netflow, packet analysis, and troubleshooting with network tools
- Must have prior or active experience in a Network Operations Center or equivalent operational environment
- Must currently hold a Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Prior experience with Department of State or Department of Defense
- CCNA, CCNP, or Advanced troubleshooting/problem determination skills with Cisco products, routing protocols, knowledge of transport and circuit troubleshooting
- Knowledge of network tools or management platforms such as: Remedy, Kratos NeuralStar, HP Opsware, F5 BIG-IP Configuration Manager, MS Visio, SolarWinds, Wireshark, or Niksun NetVCR
- Security, F5 Load Balancers, Firewall, or Cloud certification or equivalent experience is a plus!
Back to top