Sr. Principal Network Communications
- Chantilly, VA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Network Communications (4)to maintain smooth operation of local area, worldwide and Virtual Private Networks (VPN) at Chantilly Va. Successful candidate will plan, evaluate, and coordinate installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Bachelors in Science with 9 years of job related experience; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. 13 job relevant years of experience to the Aviation and Aerospace industry may be used in lieu of the additional education requirement
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days- a-week, and 365 days a year.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel. Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location.
- Must possess an active DoD Top Secret security clearance and be able to maintain that clearance and has the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Requirements Capture
- Test and Implementation
- Integrated Maintenance Data System
- Unix/Solaris Operating Systems and Principles
- Windows Server and Desktop versions.
- Wide Area (WAN) and Local Area (LAN) networking
- Group policy design, testing and implementation
- Radio Frequency Transmission Systems
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Oracle RAC
Back to top