Sr. Principal Network Communications
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of Wide area networks (WANs) of cryptographic tunnels, intranets and extranets
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of Local area networks (LANs) of firewall, routing, switching, DNS, and DHCP design and configuration
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases and software current
- Maximize network efficiency and analyze communications for security and traffic flow
- Troubleshoot various network problems and flows and network faults and present areas for improvement
- Protect the network for user errors and attacks
- Stay up-to-date with ever-changing technology
- Must have at least 9 years of applied experience with Bachelors Degree; 7 Years with Masters. In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 13 years of applied experience
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance with ability to maintain
- Must be able to obtain and maintain at minimum of DoD 8570 Series IAT Level II Certification (Security+ and OS)
- Must be able to obtain Special Program Access within 365 days and then maintain
- Must be able to obtain and sustain a Top Secret DoD clearance with ability to maintain
- Expertise with Key Managers
- E xpertise with Cisco Equipment
- Expertise with Intrusion Detection Systems
- Network Hardening
- TS DOD Clearance with ability to maintain
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top