Sr Principal Network Administrator
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence ...Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking an experienced and senior levelNetwork Administrator/Analyst to join our Redondo Beach team in defining the future. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
The Network Administrator maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs. Plans, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in support of customer requirements. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware / software interconnection, as well a interfacing, includingrouters, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc. Proposes solutions to management. Ensures all communication requirements (based on future needs and current usage) are configuredto optimize cost savings. Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring, and network analysis, regarding short and long-range planning for [in-house] systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. Designs networks, or portions of networks, includingthe selection of hardware and software packages.
- Plan, manage and implement complex network designs in support of customer requirements.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Support network teams in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide design solutions, in accordance with standards.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Document network hardware and software technology components.
- Install and configure Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree and protocols.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
- Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
- Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- PhD with4 years of IT experience; OR a Master's degree with7 years ofIT experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with9 years of IT experience; OR an Associates degree with 11 years of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with13 years of IT experience is required
- Must have at least2 years of work experience with Cisco hardware including routers, switches,firewalls, hubs, or other related networking equipment
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret level securityclearance (or higher)in order to be considered
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree Network Engineering, a Cisco CCNA-security (or a CCNP), and10 years of Network design, analysis, and administration of routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls
- Experience in the use of network analysis tools (i.e. WireShark, SolarWinds, Opnet, etc.) would be nice to have
- Experience with configuring TACLANES would be ideal
- Experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks
- Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN environments
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated leadership skills, or previous management of small teams, would be helpful
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top