Sr. Principal Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This person will perform threat modeling and design reference case architecting in support of Next Gen Polar OPIR resiliency requirements development. Perform studies on effectiveness of resiliency solutions. Support system level analysis, CONOPS development and perform system trades for OPIR System Requirements Review. Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in orbital mechanics and be proficient with modeling tool such as Matlab and/or STK. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineers from other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of 14 years (12 years with a Masters, 9 years with a PhD) of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Proficient with orbit modeling and analysis with Matlab and/or STK
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
- Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top