Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer (Clearance Required)
- San Dimas, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Sector is seeking a Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer to join our Mission Assurance group in Azusa, CA.
Successful Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. This role must have knowledge and experience in Aerospace Quality Assurance principles and practices in a Space Environment including: program quality engineering, manufacturing, assembly, integration, functional and environmental testing, receiving inspection, supplier quality systems, workmanship inspections and audits. This position shall provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems and have complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Candidate shall have experience in controlling: Non-Conforming hardware and associated material review board practices, 6 Sigma, Lean and be familiar with SAP. Must have experience with auditing for ISO-9002 / AS-9100 compliance, Root Cause analysis and Continuous Improvement. Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) & 9 years of engineering and/or technical mission assurance experience, OR a Master's degree & 7 years of engineering and/or technical mission assurance experience
- Experience in Manufacturing processes and familiar with Program IPT's
- Ability to travel up to 10% to other Northrop Grumman facilities
- Active & Current DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Master's degree with 10 years' experience in Quality / Mission Assurance with Space Systems / Hardware
- Familiar with VoC and capable of interfacing with DCMA and external customers
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to use Minitab, MS Project
- Black Belt / Green Belt Certified
- AS9100 / ISO 9000 Auditor
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top