Sr. Principal Military Trainer/OG X-Ray Planner, Scenario Designer
- Leavenworth, KS
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Mission Command Training Program (MCTP) trains Army Corps, Divisions, and Brigades in the Army Mission Command Systems and Operations Process. This is done thru an integrated simulation to replicate a robust Operating Environment (OE). Units conduct exercises in Large Scale Combat Operations with all appropriate operational variables that would be present in a theater of operations in order to develop efficiency in the operations process.
The Core Plans Cell integrates and synchronizes the efforts of Plans Integrating Cell to develop a comprehensive and coherent scenario that challenges each training audience at echelon, across all War Fighting Functions. This is done by conducting Exercise Design thru the Military Decision Making Process to produce scenarios, BLUFOR Higher Headquarters Orders, OPFOR Higher Headquarters Orders, and any special instructions to the Exercise Control Group.
Plans Team Responsibilities
-Conduct mission analysis of higher headquarters guidance (CSA, FORSCOM, CAC)
-Integrate training audience training objective into a coherent scenario
-Review training audience plans and orders
-Coordinate and synchronizing warfighting functions in all plans and orders
-Develop plans, orders, branches, and sequels
-Write HICOM orders for each respective Warfighter Exercise
• Operationally apply current Army and Joint Doctrine to develop WfF appropriate concepts for respective scenarios
• Write Orders and WfF Annexes at the Corps and Land Component level to direct operations based on the developed concept
• Integrate additional WfF personnel as required to facilitate planning and execution
• Set the conditions for scripted stimulus and injects by foreshadowing problem sets in the in orders
• Incorporate best practices into the planning process and products that provide training audiences an example to follow
• Anticipate, account for, and respond to WfF specific RFIs associated with the scenario and order
• Develop and present appropriate training to inform exercise support staff (MCTP, HICOM, Exercise Control Group) about the scenario and orders
• Coordinate with adjacent divisions, Operations Groups, and organizations as directed
• Attend weekly Exercise Planning Team (EPT) meetings for respective exercises to facilitate common understanding
• May be required to travel for planning conferences (up to 10% of the time)
• Bachelor's Degree - 10 Years' Experience or Master's Degree - 8 Years' Experience
• US Army Command and General Staff Officer Course, or MEL 4 equivalent Intermediate Level Education (ILE)
• US military service as a Field grade officer (Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel)
• Familiar with current Army and Joint doctrine
• Proficient with MS Office suite of software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)
• Must currently possess, a DoD SECRET Clearance
• Former Division, Corps, or ASCC Planner
• Former Plans OCT
• Mastery of US Army Doctrine
• Graduate degree
• MEL 4 Resident ILE graduate
• Experience in design and planning Army exercises
• Brigade or higher staff officer experience
• Familiar with current OPFOR Hybrid Threat Doctrine
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top