Sr. Principal Mechanisms Engineer - Technical Lead
- El Segundo, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal Mechanisms Technical Lead for Hydro-Electro-Mechanical Systems to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at Northrop Grumman's South Bay Aircraft Design Center of Excellence (CoE) in El Segundo, CA.
You'll be joining the Vehicle Integration (VI) organization. The VI organization provides innovative research, technology development and engineering for aircraft advanced design, including mechanical design and mechanisms, thermal systems, environment control systems, secondary power systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, fire protection systems and electrical systems.
The selected candidate will apply electrical, electronic and mechanical principles to components and systems, including assembly, analysis, and documentation of results; construction of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components; and quality testing. Supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems. Position will require travel approximately 10% to another NGAS facility in Melbourne, FL.
- Primary role is to serve as the Technical Lead for Hydro-Electro-Mechanical Systems.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to, and facilitate coordination meetings for a team of engineers and Integrated Product Team (IPT) stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Support integration and test activities, Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) analysis.
- Perform Supplier Data Requirements List (SDRL) review and airworthiness selloff.
- Requirements development and verification, system architecture and integration.
- Develop and release Engineering dispositions in a Material Review Board (MRB) system.
- Investigate and provide Engineering dispositions for Engineering Change Requests (ECR).
- Interface with supplier chief engineer and NG Leadership and provide status updates on work in progress.
- Establish positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams.
- Review and evaluate supplier test procedures and reports.
- Provide on-site presence at supplier facility in Torrance, CA, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree and 7 years of engineering experience OR a PhD. Degree and 4 years of experience.
- Experience with industry standard CAD tools and processes such as NX and CATIA V5.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office with strong technical writing skills, and the ability to communicate and present technical material to various stakeholders.
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret security clearance is required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR/SPA).
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
- Prior mechanisms experience, such as door drive systems.
- Knowledge and familiarity of subsystem design integration methods as it relates to mechanism design, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a supplier lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with other disciplines both engineering and non-engineering related.
- A current U.S. Government DoD Top Secret security clearance with current or previous Special Program Access (PAR/SPA)
Back to top