Sr. Principal Mechanical/Structural Analysis Engineer (Space Systems) 4 - (Lunar Missions)
- Dulles, VA
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of the Lunar Missions at Northrop Grumman. Join an organization working to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024 and develop the next steps toward human space missions to Mars through our human habitat in cislunar space. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
The Space Systems Sector, Tactical Space Systems Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Mechanical/Structural Analysis Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers to perform mechanical and structural analysis on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Performing static and dynamic structure analysis.
- Reviewing requirements for materials, structure systems & subsystems.
- Selecting appropriate technical information and data from applicable products.
- Determining the technical principles involved, identifying the design path forward and computing the engineering characteristics to ensure consistency with the specifications design needs and requirements of space applications.
- Releasing results as "technical documents" after review by the senior members of the team.
- Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
- Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
- Developing, coordinating, and conducting test programs required to evaluate design work.
Sr. Principal Mechanical/Structural Engineer 4: Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Structural Analysis highly preferred) and 9+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 7+ years
• Must have U.S. Citizenship to be considered for this position.
• Ability to perform structural engineering tasks associated with analysis, design, and/or testing of structures.
• Experience with at least one of the following Mechanical Analysis tools: NX FEMAP/NASTRAN, ABAQUS, HYPERMESH. (Equivalent spacecraft structural analysis tools may be considered on a case by case basis).
• Experience with spacecraft dynamics testing
• Experience utilizing MATLAB
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top