Sr Principal Manufacturing Engineer
- Philadelphia, PA
Some of the world's most technically advanced products are manufactured by employees who work within Northrop Grumman Missions Systems; a leading provider of sensor systems for a variety of global security applications, including
situational awareness and self-protection.
Northrop Grumman manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Principal Manufacturing Engineer to join the Test and Assembly Site in Philadelphia, PA. The Manufacturing Engineer will support Manufacturing Operations Engineering.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
-Implementation of the latest industry manufacturing technology and techniques.
- Inspect performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency
- Investigate and initiate corrective action to ensure product quality
-Provide guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques
The ideal candidate must be able to work individually as well as collaborate with a diverse group of individuals, work tactically, but with an eye towards future strategy, and exhibit solid communication skills with internal management
personnel and clients.
The selected candidate must be comfortable working 50% of their time or more on factory floor in a union environment with hours that may span multiple shifts.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with a minimum of 9 years of relevant
work experience, or Masters in a STEM discipline with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance (this requires US citizenship)
- Work experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T
- Experience with tool and fixture design
- Experience with solid modeling tools such as Siemens NX or Solidworks/Pro E
- Fluency in MS Office Tools with a focus on documentation
- Manufacturing or engineering background in a marine discipline (e.g., Rotating Machinery engineering or manufacturing)
- Experience with Large Mechanical Assembly and Heavy Lifting Principles
- Experience with machine tool equipment and machine shop processes (Vertical and/or Horizontal Machining centers
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Experience in implementing new designs and processes into a factory environment
- Working knowledge and past experience with equipment and tool suppliers
- Six Sigma Certification
- Understanding of welding processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top