Sr. Principal Linux/VMware Systems Administrator
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Linux / VMware Systems Administrator in the Linthicum, MD area who will apply system administration and troubleshooting skills in support of multiple, dynamic software development and test environments.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Managing and maintaining secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and virtualized environments.
• Supporting bare-metal and virtual machines; coordinating actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams, and hardware engineers; devising, recommending, and implementing performance-enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and automation solutions.
• Installing, hardening, and patching Linux operating systems.
• Troubleshooting end-user issues.
• Developing and documenting technical procedures.
• Primary system administration duties reside in classified environments; proto-typing, testing, and proof-of-concept work is done in an unclassified environment when possible.
The selected candidate will:
• Be proficient working from a command-line environment.
• Be able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
• Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
• Be able to build complex VMware environments and have experience with ESXi, Vsphere, Horizon View, Vmotion, VCenter and VDI's.
• Have a solid understanding of SAN's and there interaction with virtual environments.
Back to top