Sr. Principal Lead Survivability Test Engineer - Low Observables (LO)
- Redondo Beach, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal Lead Survivability Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals; willing to push the boundaries in a fast-paced, exciting environment and take us to the next level of Survivability technology. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Sr. Principal Lead Survivability Test Engineer will support a diverse portfolio of internally and externally funded research and technology development activities. As part of your assignment, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to determine how survivability technologies can best be integrated into air-based systems within the NGAS portfolio.
The Sr. Principal Lead Survivability Test Engineer applies extensive technical expertise in survivability design and integration with the knowledge in design, integration, and fabrication of survivability technologies for aircraft design.
- Generate and execute a plan for large scale pole model tests
- Coordination with the test site and security
- Overseeing and coordinating with model fabrication site(s)/suppliers
- Overseeing model preparation
- Collecting and post processing of test data
- Generating test results in a briefing to the customer
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of relevant experience; OR MS Degree with 7 years of experience; OR PhD with 4 years of experience.
- Experience proposing and running successful development efforts to develop survivable components and technology that includes budget and schedule management, tasking, and review of technical products.
- Experience in Radar Cross-Section (RCS) design, fabrication, and test of survivability attributes at an indoor/outdoor RCS test range.
- Experience with RCS data processing tools, such as Knowbell or Pioneer.
- Proficiency with LO inspection and verification technologies (Tier-0-2).
- Knowledge with LO material systems and logistics/support required for use in the field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office with strong technical writing skills and the ability to communicate and present technical material to various stakeholders.
- A current active U.S. Government in-scope DoD Secret security clearance or higher is required to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance and Special Program Access (PAR/SAP).
- Experience with 1D, 2D, and 3D computational electromagnetic codes such as Method of Moments (MoM) and Physical Optics (PO) to develop technical solutions for survivable components and technology.
- Experience with Tier-3-5 Inspection techniques and technology
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle management interfaces.
- Technical leadership experience, translating stakeholder or customer requirements into executable project plans and managing to successful completion.
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Top Secret (SSBI/SCI) security clearance with previous or current Special Program Access (PAR/SAP).
Back to top