Sr Principal Java Full Stack Developer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified Software Engineers to become part of its team supporting a suite of software applications for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program in Northern Virginia.
Duties and responsibilities include :
- Develop applications using full stack java in a Linux environment ensuring that the software quality conforms to established policy and standards.
- Monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Migrate the application to a Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Run SonarQube reports and address blockers, critical and major issues, and code vulnerabilities
- Develop Junit tests to support code coverage as part of the CI / CD pipeline
- Support system integration testing and address defects
- Share best practices with a focus on re-use of application code
- Be able to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Participate in the agile ceremonies and interface with the agile team(s) and other program staff as required.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal communication coupled with strong listening skills
- Keep current with technology trends, identity innovative solutions to current problems, and recommend integration strategies to incorporate new technology into current pipeline.
- Provide deployment and occasional off hours support
All work will be performed on site at DHS offices in Northern Virginia. Some travel between local DHS sites may be required.
- 9 Years related experience with a Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters in Science
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a DHS security clearance.
- Experience developing using one or more of the following technologies: Java / JEE / Enterprise Java solutions; Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate; Oracle or equivalent relational database technologies; and/or Web Application hosting on WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and/or REST web services
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active DHS or DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with technologies such as React, Angular, Redux, NodeJS, responsive and mobile design, and cross browser development.
- Experience with IBM MQ, Kafka, MDB, JMS and other messaging technologies
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, and/or Cassandra a plus
- Experience working with and migrating applications to Spring Boot
- Experience migrating application to AWS cloud. AWS certifications are a plus
- Experience with the Eclipse or other Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Knowledgeable with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices and tools; Certification in Agile delivery (e.g., SAFe Agilist , CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP) is especially desirable
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with Test Driven Development a plus
- Experience deploying and maintaining national-security applications in a 24/7 environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top