Sr Principal Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) -Polygraph
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. Every day, we design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars. Our employees engage in questioning, problem solving, designing and building our way toward Defining Possible. Defining Possible tells the story of a company leading the way. It's an ethos that is future-driving and optimistic. It is a rallying cry and a uniting call. It is a shared purpose for our employees and a promise to our customers that we'll rise to any challenge.
If you are looking for a challenging and dynamic work environment with access to experts in virtually every field, culture that focuses on supporting employees and opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, Northrop is the right place for you.
At Northrop Grumman, you will have access to a wealth of training and mentoring resources to include: technical courses, certifications, bootcamps, tuition assistance, and specialized training programs tailored to meet the demands of our customers and advance your career. Northrop Grumman is a Top 50 Diversity Employer ranking #1 for veterans and people with disabilities in 2019 and also received the Gold Award for Military Friendly companies in 2020. For more information on the benefits of Northrop Grumman click on the link below:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSE) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction. Our security professionals support a wide range of systems and programs to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of key infrastructure.
Adversaries, cybercriminals and cyber terrorists, are working every hour of every day to develop new means to compromise networks, to seize valuable intellectual property and personal data, and to gain an advantage on the digital battlefield. At Northrop Grumman, our mission is to see to it that they fail. Speed, stealth and precision - keys to controlling the physical domains of land, sea, air and space - are imperatives in controlling the cyber domain. We are defining possible every day based on these imperatives and are committed to providing the most advanced protection for our customers against the rapidly evolving cyber threat spectrum.
Educational / Years of experience required:
• BS Degree in a STEM field is required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• 9+ years of relevant cyber security/systems security engineering experience.
• IASAE Level 2 compliance - ISC(2) CISSP certification
• Reviews and supports certification and accreditation documentation within NIST 800.53, NIST RMF and NISCAP
• Able to generate system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, including those with different data protection or classification
• Can recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
Security Clearance: US Citizenship with active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Experience reviewing technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, or non-compliance
• Experience with security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
• Master's degree in a technical or security discipline with 10 years of experience. 4 years of additional cyber security or information assurance experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Capable identifying overall security requirements for the proper handling of customer data
• Designs or builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top