Sr Principal Hardware Engineer / Anti-Tamper Systems (20-215)
- Colorado Springs, CO
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as Anti-Tamper Systems Hardware Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team of high performing individuals across a multi-site, multi-discipline organization. Ability to analyze high level needs and through a structured and logical approach refine the need into an evolving minimum viable product (MVP) that leads to a fielded product. Excellent communications skills required (written and oral). Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Able to write and implement engineering plans within a project. Proven interaction in a team environment a must. Previous experience should demonstrate the technical skills and position responsibilities cited here. Ideally, the candidate will have previously engineered automation pipelines to enable effective development within environments with rapidly changing requirements, design challenges which require novel solutions, fast-paced activities, and tight deadlines. Understanding of anti-tampering and exportability concerns and how to apply secure hardware/software methodologies.
Position Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Anti-tamper (AT) and C2BMC leadership on updates and/or changes to the C2BMC system
- Perform Anti-Tamper Risk and Threat Management Assessments and reports for the C2BMC program
- Develop the analysis process and preparation of the AT plan and provide coordination and input for near-term fielding decisions
- Develop, deliver, and maintain C2BMC AT Plan, C2BMC AT Evaluation Plan, C2BMC Key Management Plan, and the C2BMC Program Protection Plan
- Develop, deliver, and maintain Critical Program Information (CPI) analysis, Defense Exportability Assessments, and defense export strategy
- Develop, deliver, and maintain waivers for CPI, AT or defense exportability features
- Assess program Anti-Tamper designs and implementation plans in support of verification and validation efforts
- Develop and deliver recommendations to improve program protection while meeting cost, schedule, and performance objectives
- Assess program protection and Anti-Tamper designs and implementation plans in support of verification and validation efforts
- Identify risk-based technical countermeasures for the protection of C2BMC Critical Program Information and Critical Components.
- Brief Anti-Tamper and Program Protection requirements and prepare white papers and evaluations as required
- Support program milestone reviews and Fielding Decisions and verify entrance criteria is satisfied by having the Anti-Tamper and Program Protection products approved.
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Support developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
Some travel between development sites (COS and HSV) may be required. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment. The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to initiate research and clearly document results.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and 9 years of relevant work experience, or 13 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 8570 IAT - Level III (CISSP or equivalent).
- Must possess a substantial understanding of system design and development, Service Oriented Architecture development principles and implementation and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Preferred Qualifications
- Have an understanding of and possess demonstrable skills including:
•Experience designing and implementing Anti-Tamper (AT) and/or Defense Exportability Features (DEF) solutions.
•The ability to engineer complex systems to ensure separation of concerns.
•The ability to factor confidentiality, integrity and availability considerations in all phases of system development lifecycle.
•The ability to understand and decompose requirements to support implementation, verification and validation testing of hardware components.
•The ability to generate detailed, repeatable, automated test procedures. The ability to extract data to support analysis requirements.
•The ability to generate procedures that test functionality.
•The ability to apply Agile and Lean Product Development principles as well as training others through a DevOps type environment.
- Background should include all aspects of the system development life cycle. Experience with Git, JIRA, Confluence and other open source development tools. Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers to develop solutions. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Confluence and other open source development tools.
The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top