Sr. Principal FPGA or ASIC Design Engineer
- Cary, NC
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS Digital Technology group is seeking Digital Electronics Engineers to work on FPGA and ASIC Design across the full product life cycle process. In this capacity, you will utilize your working knowledge of digital signal processing and digital interfaces.
This position is located in Morrisville, NC
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal FPGA or ASIC Design Engineer:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or comparable engineering discipline
- 9+ years of digital design engineering experience using (7+ years with an MS, 4 years with a PhD)
- Advanced knowledge of SystemVerilog, Verilog and/or VHDL
- Extensive experience with requirements, design, implementation and test of FPGAs and/or ASICs
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance
- MS in Electrical Engineering or comparable engineering discipline
- Experience with industry standard FPGA design implementation tools for IP integration, PnR, CDC
- Experience with industry standard ASIC front-end design tools for synthesis, LEC, CDC
- Experience with STA constraints generation and timing closure
- Experience leading ASIC and/or FPGA designs
- Knowledge of industry standard bus or I/O interfaces
- Experience with SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA)
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Tcl, Makefile)
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Active Secret Clearance or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top