Sr. Principal FPGA or ASIC Design Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace. NGMS Digital Technology group is seeking a Digital Electronics Engineers to work on FPGA and ASIC Design across the full product life cycle process. In this capacity, you will utilize your working knowledge of digital signal processing and digital interfaces.
This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or comparable STEM discipline
- 9+ years of relevant experience (7+ years with a MS Degree, 4+ years with a PhD)
- Experience with full product life cycle (requirements, design, implementation and test) of FPGA Design and/or ASIC Design
- Working knowledge of digital signal processing and digital interfaces - Experience leading a small project team to successfully complete ASIC Design or FPGA design
- Be able to work in teams and communicate clearly across various levels of management and engineers
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or comparable engineering discipline
- Experience with MATLAB, Mentor Graphics design tools, Synopsys or similar tools
- Familiarity with Xilinx, Altera, and/or Actel FPGA technology - 2+ years of experience working with Digital Signal Processing Algorithms and implementation
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top