Sr. Principal FPGA Design Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy,
and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking FPGA Design Engineers to be involved in full life-cycle product development of Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW), Infrared Counter Measures (IRCM) and Advanced Target
& Surveillance (ATS) Systems. You will be involved in requirements analysis and system architecture, coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis and place and route using state of the art tools and techniques.
This position can be located at our Rolling Meadows or Arlington Heights, IL. locations.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM field with a minimum of 9 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree in STEM field with 7 years of work experience.
- Knowledge of HDL (VHDL/Verilog) and HVL (SystemVerilog), SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA), UVM for FPGAs, CPLDs and/or ASICs
- Ability to work in teams and communicate clearly across various levels of engineers
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into digital firmware requirements, design, and test
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance
- Advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience in HDL (VHDL/Verilog) and HVL (SystemVerilog), SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA), UVM for PLDs, FPGAs, and/or ASICs
- Experience with Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Tools: Mentor Graphics ModelSim/QuestaSim, Synplicity, Xilinx ISE/ Vivado, Xilinx EDK, Xilinx System Generator, Altera Quartus, Altera SOPC Builder, Altera Qsys, DSP Builder
- Expertise achieving timing closure on FPGA designs and generating test benches
- Experience in Microprocessor (PowerPC, Intel-based, SOC) designs
- Implementation of Digital Signal or Image Processing algorithms on FPGAs
- Experience developing in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with high level programming languages (C/C++)
- A strong team player who also has the ability to work independently
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top