Sr. Principal Field Engineer, Electronic - Pt. Mugu
- Camarillo, CA
Northrop Grumman is seeking a highly skilled Field Engineer to maintain Electronic Warfare Stimulator product lines at Point Mugu, CA.
The Field Engineer will provide Engineering support to resolve system level problems reported by the customer on delivered hardware. The Field Engineer will support the Electronic Warfare System equipment onsite, and at times will help support other locations by resolving issues over the phone (or occasionally traveling to customer sites). He/she will conduct technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives.
The successful candidate will have an extensive background in the operation and maintenance of complex RADAR, Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, complex commercial digital and RF equipment, or other electronics background, and will have experience testing, troubleshooting and performing repairs. The Field Engineer will use commercial and specially designed test equipment to perform fault isolation and develop technical solutions. He/she will use Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems and knowledge of digital and RF test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and power meters.
The Field Engineer must be able to interact independently with customers and coordinate engineering efforts within the company to identify solutions to customer reported problems. Must be able to write reports for both customers and internal management.
The person selected for this position will be required to undergo training at the Northrop Grumman site in Buffalo, NY for up to six months prior to working in Pt. Mugu, CA.
- Bachelor's degree plus 9 years of relevant experience; Master's degree plus 7 years of relevant experience, an Associate's degree plus 11 years of relevant experience; or 13 years of relevant experience; or U.S. military electronic school in electronic warfare and/or radar plus 11 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience includes experience with radar, Electronic Warfare systems, RF Engineering, or other electronics background that includes experience testing, troubleshooting and performing repairs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%).
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need.
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing 50 lbs.
- Ability to apply technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Ability to undergo training at the Northrop Grumman site in Buffalo, NY for up to six months prior to working at Pt Mugu, CA.
- Current, active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Electronic Warfare and/or RF Experience
- Electronic Warfare threat analysis experience
- ELINT Database experience
- Security+ certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top