Sr Principal Engr Sys Test
- Palmdale, CA
The Specialty Test Team has an openings for qualified Senior Structural Test Engineers with Design Experience. The selected candidate must poses the skills and experience that will enable him to execute in the capacity of a Senior Principal Test Engineer as well as a Mechanical Design Engineer. Candidate must also have proven experience in a leadership role, leading / mentoring less experienced Engineers thru complete product design life cycle. The Specialty Test Team is part of the Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) within Northrop Grumman, Aerospace Systems.
Selected candidates are expected to perform the following...
Test Engineer Responsibilities:
• Mentor and lead less experienced Engineers thru all phases of Static, Fatigue / Structural Test lifecycle
• Author and publish Test Procedures
• Plan and arrange labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating Flight and R&D hardware
• Facilitate collaboration across disciplines during technical interchanges
• Interpret Test Data, determine and suggest changes in test configuration, equipment, procedures or manufacturing processes
• Collaborate with AVT personnel to develop test and test data requirements
• Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution
Designer/ Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
• Mentor and lead design Team, review designs for compliance, technically and requirements
• Lead and provide mentorship to less experienced Engineers during CDR / PDR
• Coordinate design criteria with Internal Customers, Vendors, Test Engineering, EHS and Facilities Personnel
• Evaluate design factors taking into account ease manufacturing, cost, safety, maintenance and end user
• Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements
• Analyze damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling
This position requires strong leadership, written and oral communications skills as well as a team centric, methodical approach to problem solving. Candidate must be able to work with little to no direction and be capable and willing to lead and oversee the work of less experienced engineers. Must work well in a large team environment as well as an individual contributor. Candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years related experience or Master's Degree in STEM with 7 years experience
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business need
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard shifts/overtime
• NX10 and GD&T experience
• Proven Structural Test experience, multiple disciplines
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Secret clearance within 5 yr. scope
• Current PAR
• Extensive NX10 and GD&T experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top