Sr Principal Engr Sys Test
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue
to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Systems Test Engineer.
Assist with planning and scheduling test events, working with Responsible Engineers to develop test procedures, Perform
test article operations and maintain a test point database.
Assist with coordination of supporting organizations in executing and planning a test program.
Plan, coordinate and conduct article test operations as an approved test conductor, which includes test deck preparation, leading engineering briefs/debriefs, coordination with scheduling, maintenance, and telemetry support, and leading the article test team through test missions as the link between article under test team and control room test engineers, test directors and operations crew.
Provide support for post-test data processing and analysis as required to support test objectives.
Excellent communication skills required, must work well in a team environment, and must work independently to solve a variety of complex problems.
Must be willing to support shift work including extended shifts, shift rotation, weekends and occasionally, holidays as required.
Must be willing to travel domestically as required to support testing operations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 13 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree in STEM with 9 years of experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of experience or PhD with 4 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Bachelor or Masters of Science Degree in STEM preferably in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or Systems engineering
- Experience as a Test Engineer, Test Conductor/Director that includes test planning, execution and operations
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top