Sr Principal Engr SW Quality_San Diego
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace (NGAS) is seeking a Senior Principal Software Quality Engineer to team and collaborate closely with systems, software, and test engineers to participate and provide technical oversight, feedback, and solution alternatives throughout the software life cycle.
The Senior Principal Software Quality Engineer's focus will be on providing highly technical feedback during code review to ensure compliance with standards and best practices and that the code is correct, efficient, and maintainable. The Senior Principal Software Quality Engineer will audit software processes and software suppliers to assure compliance to policies
and the capability necessary to execute and deliver software with unquestionable quality. The Engineer will also facilitate thorough root cause analysis on deficiencies and ensure appropriate actions are developed and implemented in a timely manner.
The Senior Principal Software Quality Engineer may also:
- Review customer, system and software requirements to ensure the flow down of requirements is complete and unambiguous
- Review and verify that design documents meet standards
- Participate in contractual reviews and audits, program meetings, and configuration control board meetings
- Examine the products associated with the preparation and configuration control of software test environments to assess the team's readiness to enter formal testing
- Collect and analyze metrics on software activities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another STEM degreeand at least 9 years (or 7 years with a Master's, 4 with a PhD) of experience as a software developer or software quality engineer
- Experience programming in Java, C, or C++
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance to start
- MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in evaluating software products
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top