Sr Principal Engr S/W
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems sector is seeking an experienced Software Developer for highly competitive software application roles within our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Join the hardware and software development team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art software applications and components for signal processing algorithms.
The REDHAWK Center of Excellence is looking for multiple cleared software engineers to assist with supporting our Customer's Software Defined Radio mission. These positions will include a mix of standard server-level as well as embedded systems programming, and the ideal candidate will have a mixture of both experiences. The candidate shall focus on developing applications across multiple hardware platforms in the REDHAWK framework.
REDHAWK (redhawksdr.org) is a FOSS Software Defined Radio framework created by the DoD to enable rapid deployment of existing applications from one software defined radio to another. At a recent demonstration five development organizations from the US and overseas swapped applications on thumb drives and were all running the new waveforms on five different platforms within hours, not days, weeks or months.
NGMS hosts one of five REDHAWK Centers Of Excellence, and has the funding to expand. We are looking for multiple Red/Black cleared application software developers in Aurora, Fairfax, or Raleigh, or who are interested in relocating to one of those sites, who are interested in learning the REDHAWK framework, and then directly supporting the Customer as a member of the COE. The applications we build are Software Defined Radio waveforms, and push the state of the art in both their capabilities and their deployment. We support not only the traditional server based implementation, but also fielded small, medium and large remote systems, where the form factor ranges from a laptop to an on-sensor processor.
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- US Citizenship with current SCI clearance
- Experience with REDHAWK and/or TOA. Extensive GNU radio or X-MIDAS experience may be able to substitute for RH/TOA.
- 5 years of experience writing software in C, C++ with some python experience, coding mathematical algorithms from Matlab models or reference material.
- Experience with object oriented methodologies and software application development methodologies in a distributed team environment.
- Messaging techniques such as sockets, UDP, TCP.
- Portable, write-once, run on multiple targets, experience.
- Master's Degree or higher
- Current SCI with poly
- Experience moving applications and software from servers to smaller form factor embedded systems.
- Embedded platform software development, including Embedded ARM processors in the Xilinx family of FPGAs.
- Code architecture and optimization for performance in embedded processors and systems.
- Interfacing between processors and hardware in the system through register interfaces, messaging stacks and direct processor-fabric interfaces.
- Low level interrupts.
- Processor FPGA and Processor-GPU APIs.
- Debugging and application delivery in embedded systems.
- Software Defined Radio platform experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top