Sr Principal Engr Mfg
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineerto join our Advanced Automation team in Palmdale, CA.
Advanced Automation develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures production processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. The position's focus is upon automation projects such as including drilling systems; fiber placement systems for composites; robotics; coatings applications; projection systems and related equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 9 years of experience OR Master's Degree in STEM with 7 years of experience OR PhD STEM with 4 years of experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallic, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations; OR
- Bachelor's Degree (non-STEM) with 11 years of experience OR Master's Degree (non-STEM) with 9 years of experience in OR PhD (non-STEM) with 7 years of experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallic, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations; OR
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED with 17 years of work Experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallic, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business need.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to interface/communicate with multiple levels of leadership, clients, and vendors
- Experience designing in 3D CAD e.g. CATIA, NX, CREO etc. and a firm understanding of GD&T and tolerance stack-up
- Experience managing projects (Cost, schedule and technical performance).
- Understanding of Coordination of design and fabrication requirements for tools and fixtures with customers, both internal and external.
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Ability to work 1st shift "5am-3:30pm" or 2nd shift "4:12pm-2:42am" and any work schedule (times may vary)
- STEM Degree (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical)
- Experience working hands-on in a production assembly line environment
- Composite experience and process knowledge
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Experience in the development, capture, and execution of R&D technology capabilities. Assessing maturity of new technology for transition to production
- Experience with authoring proposals, technical documents, and procedures
- Composites, Metallics, Plastics, Additive, Coatings, and/or Digital materials and process experience
- Experience with CBA/ROI analysis and justification
- Project / Program Management skills (proposal creation, scheduling, budget tracking)
Back to top