Sr. Principal Engineer/Software Configuration Management
- Camarillo, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Software Configuration Management team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Engineer - Software Configuration Management based out of Camarillo, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Process software releases for both Camarillo/Pt. Mugu, CA sites.
• Create SCM controlled software builds.
• Support and schedule Software Configuration Control Board (SCCB) meetings and Software Action Request (SAR) / Software Trouble Reports for In-Process (STRIP) processing.
• Support SCM process activities such as command media and homeroom directives.
• Support driving the SCM organization towards moving CM approved tools/repository to Agile tools/repository.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9 years relevant experience, or Master's with 7 years of relevant experience.
• Proficient knowledge and use of the following Tools: ClearCase, ClearQuest, GIT, various compilers, Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook).
• Experience/capability to lead a small team of SWCM engineers.
• Must possess solid planning, organizing, and data gathering skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Strong verbal communication and customer service skills in a teamwork environment.
• Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance.
• Knowledge and proficiency with ClearCase, ClearQuest, GIT, GitHub, Jira, CA-Rally, Collaborator.
• 5 or more years of relevant SCM experience.
• Active Secret Clearance.
• Prior leadership experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top