Sr. Principal Engineer Test
Lead and/or work closely with the Design Engineer during test and debug of the flight and non-flight CCA and/or Box under test which requires experience in defining test parameters, interpreting test results and analyzing test trends and provides leadership in the area of testing.
- Additional responsibility includes the debug, test and certification of Component Test Equipment (CTE) and Automated Test Equipment (ATE) using LabVIEW, Test Stand used to test analog and power electronics with ingenuity and creativity and without appreciable direction
- Participate in design reviews of CTE/ATE, with the emphasis of testability.
- Works closely with the Design Engineer to ensure the CTE will validate the CCA and/or BOX under test which include the generation of analog/power CCA and BOX acceptance test procedures (ATPs) at the functional, environmental and spacecraft levels.
- LabVIEW, Test Stand CVI
- Support Failure Review Boards (FRB) in determining corrective actions and failure diagnosis
- Coordinate support plans for test activities
- Attend andparticipate in the daily manufacturing meetings
- Bachelors degree and 9 years of experience (7 years ofexperience with Master's degree)
Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas a plus:
- Power regulation, distribution and switching
- Analog signal conditioning and processing
- Interface with CTE/ATE using LabVIEW , Test Stand and scripting software
- Familiar with high speed serial interface protocol (TCPIP, SPACEWIRE, LVDS, RS422/485, 1553)
- Grounding and signal preservation techniques
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Continuous improvement in areas of test fidelity and test yield
- Able to execute non-standard scenarios within Automated Test Software and test applications
- Ability to read and understand schematics for electronic equipment and electrical circuitry
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Operate electronic lab equipment for debug and troubleshooting
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Self-motivated and able to effectively work in small teams
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top