Sr Principal Engineer Systems Test
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Senior Principal Systems Test Engineer to perform on a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers located in El Segundo, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
Develop customer guidance system requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops preparation and leads execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for system in the loop, software in the loop, and ground testing of exquisite navigation systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Northrop Grumman Team. The person must be capable of resolving challenging issues while working within a team environment to reach creative and innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM ( Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 9 years of engineering experience or a Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 7 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in navigation systems integration and test or systems engineering of navigation systems
- Experience in System Integration Laboratories (SIL) or lab testing environments
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
- Active in scope DOD Top Secret clearance
- Tactical or Strategic Missile experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead/manage a project including task development, scheduling, tracking, reporting status
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proven capable of being organized, efficient, and handling multiple tasks while paying attention to detail
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top