Sr. Principal Engineer Systems - SW Sustainment
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will work closely with the Global Hawk Program Office and Customer Counterparts to ensure a Software Sustainment Strategy is organized, contracted, and executed to ensure future success on the Global Hawk platform. The selected candidate will also support The Avionics Integration Support (AIS) Upgrade contract responsible for integrating new avionics at a customer facility.
• Plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of the Global Hawk Program software sustainment initiatives.
• Work with appropriate Costumer and IPT counterparts to prioritize software sustainment content and propose insertion into future software releases.
• Primary Northrop Grumman lead for the Software Sustainment Working Group.
• Primary technical lead for designing, developing, integrating, testing, managing, documenting, delivering, installing and providing user training for the Global Hawk (GH) Avionics Integration Support (AIS) Upgrade system.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable managing customer interface and organizing cross discipline teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and at least 9 years of engineering experience or a Master's Degree in STEM with at least 7 years of engineering experience
• An active DoD Secret clearance
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience on sustainment programs
• An MS degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) is preferred.
• Experience in the Design, Development, Production, Testing, and Fielding the Global Hawk System
• Experience in lab and flight testing
• Ability to travel 20%
Sy Systems Integration / System Test Experience
• Experience interfacing with and briefing senior program and DoD leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top