Sr. Principal Engineer Systems (M&S Systems Analyst 19-291)
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Modeling and Simulation System Analyst based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The M&S System Analyst will lead engineering activities in the development of radar models. The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Provide technical expertise in the area of BMDS modeling and simulation integration, characterization, and/or analysis.
- As part of an Agile Scrum team, the applicant will develop and complete features and stories mapped to program objectives.
- Lead systems engineering for the development of a radar model.
- Active Secret clearance is required
- 9 Years of experience with Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field, 7 years of experience with a master's degree, or 4 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in system/software engineering subject mater expertise in radar systems.
- Familiarity with distributed computing systems and/or real-time computing/messaging systems.
- Knowledge of system/software development life cycles and agile development practices.
- Experience developing System Engineering artifacts such as requirements, interfaces, and test plans.
- Familiarity with UNIX, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Strong background in math and physics.
- Familiarity with the OSM M&S.
- Familiarity with MATLAB, MySQL, and SharePoint, or related applications.
- Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
- Missile defense domain knowledge.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top