Sr Principal Engineer Systems Modeling Simulation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Modeling and Simulation Mission Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The selected candidate will develop and implement mission and system analysis tools in support of Mission Engineering and Operations Analysis efforts across several Northrop Grumman Corporation Unmanned Aerial Vehicle pursuits.
- Support analysis of system and system of system architectures
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for both business development and program managers
- Development and expansion of mission engineering toolsets
- Constructive and virtual modeling and simulation of manned and unmanned systems
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of Engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in STEM and 7 years of Engineering experience OR
- PhD in STEM and 4 years of Engineering experience
- Proficient in Matlab
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Experience with C, C++, JAVA, PERL, and Python
- Experience with STK, AFSIM, and DIS
- Experience with airborne GNC and CONOPS development
- In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top