Sr. Principal Engineer Systems Integration
Performsoftware build activities, including production of media and performing installation and checkout on delivered systems. Exercise software to verify correct implementation of newly integrated functionality and ensure no impact on existing functionality. Exercise nominal and off-nominal scenarios to increase confidence in expected behavior. Perform problem investigation on the system without impacting configuration. Document issues discovered through Defect Reports (DRs) and verify DR code corrections. Coordinate with Information Security; assist in the compliance and application of Department of Defense (DoD) security requirements. Advise SW and Test Engineers on compliance, requirements, and process as it applies to the data center and its administration. Identify changes to Software, Hardware and/or security settings necessary to reach an executable state. Document procedures and processes that will enable customer operation and maintenance of the system.
- Developing engineering documentation for system configuration
- Executing engineering projects on schedule
- Collaborate with engineers to generate and redline documented procedures and troubleshoot
- Candidate should have good coordination, planning, and documentation skills.
- Implement engineering changes to the system as required
- This position requires up to 10% travel
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline with9 Years with Bachelors in Science;7 Years with Masters.
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and Unix operating systems
- Demonstrated experience with VmWare
- Security + Certificate for administrators
- Possibility of travel up to 10%
- Special Program Access
- Ability to develop and maintain Microsoft PowerShell scripts
- Ability to develop and maintain Bash and Python scripts
- Ability to author and maintain technical installation, configuration, and update procedures
- Ability to document and maintain system configurations
- Ability to provide engineering technical support for peer teams
- Ability to engineer solutions to address bug fixes
- Ability to implement engineering changes to the system as required
- Ability to maintain compatibility with existing architectures when implementing system enhancements
- Ability to release CM controlled documentation, scripts, and software media
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top