Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Individual must possess a broad background and extensive experience in the aerospace environment, preferably with Pre-proposal, RFP, Contract Award, EMD, production and post production program phases. The individual is expected to have an engineering degree or at least 20 years of experience as a Risk, Issues & Opportunity Manager and be a seasoned professional with experience within engineering and program management office, (specific experience in systems engineering is preferred). This will be an El Segundo, CA based position.
• This position will manage IPT risks, issues and opportunities along with managing the associated mitigation process and train existing personnel in the skills and procedures required for proper risk identification and mitigation.
• The Level 4 PE will track risk items; maintain technical integration, cost, and schedule and support assessment of organizational impacts associated with each unique risk and opportunity.
• The Risk & Opportunity Manager reports within the Program Integration Team and conducts weekly Risk Working Group meetings and monthly Risk Review Boards (both internal and external) with the Program Manager.
• The individual must also manage the inclusion of Supplier and partner risks, issues and opportunities into the Program (RIO) and customer (BORIS) data bases.
• The individual must thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment which will require an experienced high level individual to find solutions to significantly diverse assignments and work in a collaborative/team setting under high expectations.
• Expert communications skills, both written and oral, and experience preparing Director level briefings, as well as experience providing detailed explanations and fielding a variety of questions from Program Management, Earned Value Management Compliance, and Senior Business Management personnel.
• The position requires the individual to be able to work closely and collaboratively with all levels of an organization as well as challenge management, business and engineering while creating cohesive mitigation strategies and defining clear paths forward to reduce overall program risk and drive risks to closure.
• Previous experience with risk management required; previous experience with the ROMS, RIO, BORIS and IMT tools required.
• Individual will be required to provide project engineering support including; technical expertise to support an EV level 1 program (weekly CPI, SPI and variance analysis); master scheduling updates and analysis; lead design and program reviews and present technical solutions to the customers (Boeing and Navy) and to support technical negotiations through various phases of the program.
• Must have a Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and a minimum of 9 years of engineering experience or a Master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and 7 years or engineering experience.
• Position requires demonstrated ability to develop and present technical material to senior management (both internal and external) and production process familiarity.
• Extensive knowledge in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially MS Project.
• Must have an active in scope DoD Secret Clearance upon hire
• Experience in program tools for risk, issue and opportunity management (ROMS, RIO, BORIS and IMT), engineering planning, master planning, team leadership, tracking Capital, requirements management (DOORS), change integration, project management and process development.
• Experience managing risk in pre-contact award, Test, EMD and Production phases.
• Experience managing in scope and out of scope changes.
• Experience managing change integration.
• Familiar with Subsystems integration and Production processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top