Sr. Principal Engineer Systems- Armament Certification
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for Armament Certification Responsible Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
The successful candidate will serve as technical authority for conventional/nuclear armament certification activities on both Sustainment and Modernization programs. The selected individual will coordinate with Government, Northrop Grumman, and contractor personnel to ensure that decisions regarding the content of deliverables and technical approaches undertaken achieve expected system performance and technical requirements.
Support the certification of integrated functional capability (IFC) releases, subsystem upgrades, and new weapon integration activities
Ensure hardware/software updates comply with conventional and nuclear safety criteria
Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
Manage the planning and conduct of analyses/tests necessary to obtain nuclear certification of the updated configuration(s)
Identify, manage, and demonstrate compliance with nuclear certification requirements
Support long range capabilities initiative and business capture activities regarding the armament subsystem
Support the Hardware Sustaining Engineering IPT by providing oversight of nuclear and conventional certification requirements/tasks
Ensure the certified status of the weapon system is maintained. Duties will also include preparation of detailed statements of work and program schedules, program status reporting, and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting.
Experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOE) in coordination with support organizations
- Bachelors of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited university with 9+ years of experience
- Experience verifying specifications and designs through modeling and simulation, test data processing, and performance analysis
- Must possess an active Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance and program access
- Masters of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited university with 7+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of governing certifications, specifications, and directives with emphasis on Air Force Instruction (AFI) 63-125, Air Force Manual (AFMAN) 91-118, and AFMAN 91-119
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: mechanical, electrical, computer, nuclear hardness, nuclear surety, safety, materials, and/or systems engineering
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the IFC development and test process
- Experience with formal decision making processes: risk and opportunity management, cost benefit analysis, make/buy decisions
- Top Secret Clearance and Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top