Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aModeling and Simulation Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individualstosupport the Global Strategy & Mission Solutions (GSMS)organization.This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will lead the development of modeling and simulation for system performance and architecture:
- Develop new and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models.
- Simulate real-time operations and develop software that simulates behavior of systems.
- Develop, integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools.
- Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Doctorate of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and4 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Demonstrated Modeling and Analysis experience in Matlab or other related modeling tools
- Experience in Systems Engineering and/or Orbital Dynamics
- Active TS/SCI Secret clearance
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Applied Mathematics
- Experience with C, C++, Perl or Python
- Work experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, and/or Cameo
- Demonstrated modeling and analysis experience working space program
- Working knowledge in various aspects of architecture modeling for Space and/or Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Strong communication skills required to support frequent customer interactions
- Team player/ leader with strong analytical skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top