Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Overview: Space Vehicle System Engineer (SVSE) to develop and coordinate a cross-functional team of engineers in the development and delivery of the AMP spacecraft and payload equipment.
JOB DUTIES: Individual will be responsible for performance analysis, requirements and interface development and verification planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 9+ years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7+ years of engineering experience OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline and 4+ years of engineering experience
- Active SSBI security clearance is required.
- Strongly prefer previous experience with space vehicle systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings.
- Must be an analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
- Academic and work experience should include the support of several of the following disciplines: space vehicle design and analysis, functional analysis of requirements, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, and project management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top