Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSr Principle Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Systems Engineering& Integration (SE&I) IPT. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will be the Payload R SEI Thread lead focused on performance including requirement analysis, budgets, allocations, and verification of segment requirements. Additionally, supports architecture development and mission engineering/modeling and simulation for current and future efforts. Fast paced role with extensive communication across programs, IPTs, customer, user, and supplier communities.
Role includes verification planning, test planning development and execution through formal verification, oversight/direction of mission performance from segment to the lowest level of the architecture implementation. Role also included MAR development support and support of ground system development from an SEI viewpoint to ensure ground support segment requirements.
* Requirements development
* Verification planning
* Review of test plans and procedures
* Authoring and review of Requirements Verification Reports (RVRs)
* Assessment of data needed to fulfill requirements
* Support working groups and architecture/trade studies
* Coordinate cross-program collaboration, support to lower level development entities including major subcontractors
* External customer interface for thread subject area
* Oversight/execution of performance modeling and analysis
* Leadership of small performance team
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of 9 years of engineering experience in space systems. (7 years with a Masters, 4 years with a PhD) of engineering experience in anaerospace environment
- Prior experience with system or payload performance to include requirements analysis, test planning and data assessment, and verification.
- Relevant experience in systems and mission engineering
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Applied Mathematics
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external customers
- Software Proficiency: DOORS, STK, THORN
- Effective communication skills
- P982 or equivalent experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top