Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history .
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Mission Systems Embedded SEIT Thread Lead. The role will coordinate the Systems Engineering associated with all requirements at the segment level and coordination of those requirements up to the decomposition and verification for segment level. The successful candidate must be capable of understanding the concepts and implementation for Software and Hardware requirements from the full life cycle of derivation from the enterprise level to the verification at the segment level. The position is expected to provide leadership to Suppliers on developing supplier requirements and verification materials and management of ICD's between both entities.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Reports to Segment Thread Lead.
- Up to 10% travel is expected.
- At least9 years of experience in engineeringwith a Bachelors in STEM; OR 7 years of experience with a Masters in STEM; OR 4 years of experience with a PhD in STEM.
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SAP/SAR access.
- Background in requirements development and spec generation.
- MS degree in STEM discipline (Science, Engineering, Technology, and Math) and 7years of experience.
- Software development background.
- Proven ability to brief technical presentations to stakeholders.
- Familiarity in Agile Software Development.
- Proven ability to communicate with suppliers and other IPTs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top