Sr. Principal Engineer Quality
- Baltimore, MD
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Senior Principal Quality Engineer based in Linthicum, Maryland.
The qualified applicant will join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Quality and Mission Excellence team supporting factory quality operations. We are looking for a high-caliber individual with a background in Quality Assurance, Mechanical Inspection, Manufacturing, or similar technical field to help lead the quality support of our Mechanical Machining, Fabrication, and Finishing Cell.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform production floor activities associated with quality, production, and test activities, assisting in the corrective action board (CAB) including data gathering and analysis, disposition of material and processing nonconforming material, interfacing with both internal and external customers, supporting the Inspection Team, and performing floor assessments and audits.
- The Quality Engineer has technical knowledge in specifications/standards, drawing interpretation, measurement and analysis methods, process and product assessments, and corrective action methodology.
- Uses LEAN and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste and reduce process variation.
- Collect, analyze, organize and present data and have excellent MS Office Application skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM discipline.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience in a Mechanical Manufacturing/Machining environment.
- Possess technical knowledge in specifications and standards.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Master's degree in STEM discipline.
- PCDMIS CMM programming experience.
- NDT Certification in a Method.
- Additive Manufacturing or Brazing experience.
- Quality related experience in the following processes: machining, sheet metal, welding, finishing, mechanical assembly.
- Training in LEAN, Six Sigma, and CI methodologies, Certified Green or Black Belt.
- Experience in a DoD Manufacturing environment.
- Drawing interpretation and ANSI Y14.5 requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top